Tuesday, April 8, 2008

we don't care
















Most recent piece. It is pretty large at around 4 by 2 feet, which is rare for me to work at this size and be happy with it. It is called "We Don't Care" and was finished for the Montserrat College of Art Open House '08. It was a very complex piece that I planned out for some time before actually even starting to paint. I created the background wallpaper design with copyright free images that I have ( thank you Fred) and then used a real piece of wood molding in the middle. The little boy was painted on cardboard and glued to the surface and the mask was also cardboard and fixated in front but not touching the boys face. I think with the success of this piece I might start making a few more involving children with monster mask getting into mischief

No comments: